Star Homeschool Parent Portal
The parent portal is issued to parents when you first apply to the program. It is a tool used to:
- Manage enrollment
- Make payments
- Complete important forms
- Sign up for parent participation
- Sign up for study hall
- Access the PSP Manager (for PSP only)
Student Google Account
A google account will be issued to each student enrolled in a course when a parent completes the Student Application.
- User name is always firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This google account will be used to sign into the student’s Canvas course with Single Sign On.
- The login details for each student are automatically sent to the parent email when the Student Application is completed.
- Look for the email titled “Star Student Information for (Student Name)”
- Students will also have access to other Google services like Drive and Calendar.
- Starhomeschool Google accounts are a closed network and students will only have access to interact with other Star students.
- How do I change my Google password?
- When logged in, go to Manage your account or follow this link https://myaccount.google.com/personal-info
- If you are logged out you will need to fill out a Tech request for a new password.
Student Canvas Account
Canvas is an online tool where your student will see each class he/she is enrolled in and will be able to access announcements, discussions, document downloads and assignments for that course.
- You will use your Star Homeschool Student Google account to login. If you get an error message, go to mail.starhomeschool.com and login first.
- If your course are not accurate, complete the Tech request form below.
- Use Canvas’ inbox to communicate with your instructor.
- Use these Canvas Guides to learn how to use Canvas.
- How do I change my Canvas password?
- You don’t, you may change your google password, which is used for Canvas.