Star Homeschool Academy supports Christian homeschool parents by offering supplementary courses for grades K-12 in thriving a Christian community in Orange County. Additionally, a private school satellite program (Star PSP) is available to families within the state of California.
Star Homeschool Academy
Programs and Services
- Elementary Days: 1 day per week
- Junior High Courses: 2 days per week
- High School Courses: 2 days per week
- Star PSP*: yearly support, records, guidance, and community
- Christian worldview education for K-12
- Invested, qualified, and godly instructors and tutors
- Great Book Socratic Method or Traditional Coursework
- Flexible menu of courses and services
- Academic accountability with syllabi and quarterly summaries/grade reports
- 20 years serving the homeschool community
- Alumni who excel as university students
Star Homeschool Academy is committed to serve and support the homeschool community, along with public, private and missionary students, by providing academically rigorous programs from a biblical worldview. In partnership with parents, we educate students, equipping them to engage culture as disciples of Christ.
To empower Christian parents to cultivate and nurture their child’s unique purpose to become a relevant and redemptive voice in a changing world.
The values of Star Homeschool Academy are those essential things that guide how we carry out our mission. Our core values are Academic Excellence, Spiritual Growth and Community.
- Academic Excellence: We believe in doing our best to glorify God, whether in preparing students for higher education, trade school or the workforce. We seek to inspire students to become life-long learners and to pursue subject matter mastery.
- Spiritual Growth: We believe that spiritual growth and transformation are paramount in the life of the believer to become closer to God, to become more like Him and to lead godly lives for His kingdom.
- Community: We believe that through interactions with fellow Christians in community, and dependence upon the Spirit, character is sharpened, and we grow in our ability to live out authentic, Christ-honoring lives.
*PSP members are not required to enroll in courses and course enrolled students are not required to be PSP members.
The Biola Youth Academics team laid the framework for the establishment of Star Homeschool Academy in 2020. In 2022 Star Homeschool was granted accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of
Schools and Colleges.
Accrediting Commission for Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
533 Airport Blvd., Suite 200, Burlingame, CA 94010
Elementary homeschool courses that fit your schedule, providing a hands-on classroom environment.
Homeschool courses for grades 7-8 providing engaging in-person instruction and peer interaction.
Homeschool courses for grades 9-12 offering academically rigorous education and Christian community.
California Private School Satellite Program providing record-keeping support, resources, and Christian community.
My greatest joy is to share the gospel and the heart of Christ intertwined with His creation here on earth. I am devoted to making learning fun, applicable, and interesting for my students.
I am passionate about teaching students to see God’s intelligent design and order in math and how language and communication in the written word can make an impact on the world.
Renee has a fondness for math and science and enjoys showing students the orderliness and wisdom with which God created the world.
I hope to instill a love for learning in my students and support parents in their desire to teach their own children.
Mrs. Troya loves sparking joy in her students by finding things they are passionate about.
Dr. Mood completed a Teaching Postdoctoral Fellowship at Vanguard University, where he is currently an Assistant Professor. He is passionate about teaching and seeing students learn.
Mrs. Basile loves exploring art and photography, and is an avid history nut, soaking up as much as she can learn on the subject.
“I aim to teach life lessons within each subject and apply them to the kids’ daily lives.”
Tiffany de Vos
I strive to transfer life lessons from history into the students’ current lives.
I seek to inspire kids to love learning and grow in their faith as we study God’s creation and the ways He has worked throughout history.
I have a heart for homeschoolers and their desire to educate their children and help them become the BEST at who they have been created to be.
I aim to help students make observations and draw all kinds of applications from texts while also using God’s gift of language to express themselves as they communicate in written form.
My desire is to make Language Arts fun and easy to understand, as well as to integrate a biblical worldview with children’s literature.
I enjoy seeing students become excited about exploring the historical record and seeing how it informs our vision of the world we live in.
“My passion has always been science from the time I was a child; exploring how things work has always fascinated me. But teaching in a Christian environment is truly a blessing and an honor; what better way to support Gods magnificent design than through science and the history of the world!”
I have a passion for learning and teaching, especially in preparing students for the rigors of higher education.
Helping students connect science to real life applications while seeing the hand of God in our world is so rewarding!
I love equipping high school students to understand economics and our American system of government before they head out into the world.