FACTS Payment Portal and Policies
Star Homeschool Academy has contracted with the FACTS Management Company to manage our tuition collection program. We will still use the Parent Portal to view scores, use the PSP tool, access pending forms, and view invoices. Payments and payment plans will be accessed and completed in your FACTS account. FACTS accounts are initially sent via email invite in July for Fall and December for Spring. You must accept the invite and create your account for logging in for the first time.
Once your account is created you can login to FACTS.
Star offers several tuition payment options. Choose one of the following:
- Full Semester in person payment: The entire amount of tuition and fees is paid on or before July for Fall and December for Spring (See Academic Calendar for exact date). This payment is paid directly to the school office by check or cash and there are no processing fees applied. You will not need to login with FACTS if you choose this method.
- Full Semester online payment through FACTS: The entire amount of tuition and fees is paid on or before January for Spring and August for Fall (See Academic Calendar for exact date). This payment is paid through FACTS online portal and will incur the per-semester enrollment and processing fee of $25. If you are new to FACTS you will receive an invitation to set up your FACTS account in July for Fall and December for Spring.
- Semester Monthly FACTS payments: Tuition is paid over a monthly installment period of your choice and you will have the opportunity to select your preferred date for the payment to be charged. This payment is paid through FACTS online portal and will incur the per-semester enrollment and processing fee of $55. If you are new to FACTS you will receive in invitation to set up your FACTS account in July for Fall and December for Spring.
- All payments will be made by electronic debit, as authorized by parents, from their bank accounts (checking or savings accounts). It is important to note that FACTS Management Company and Star Homeschool Academy never see your bank account nor have any direct access to your account. The automatic payment process is strictly controlled by state and federal laws to be completely confidential and limited to what has been authorized by the parents.
- Special Note: If you choose to pay through ACH direct bank withdrawal you will save Star Homeschool 2.9% in transaction fees. Please consider selecting this payment method over debit or credit card. We greatly appreciate it!
Other Policies to note:
- The $25.00 non refundable enrollment (FACTS processing) fee is charged to those paying in full through the online system. If the fee is returned unpaid, it may reattempt automatically.
- The $55.00 non refundable enrollment (FACTS processing) fee is charged to those enrolling in the installment plan 14 days after you finalize your agreement. If the fee is returned unpaid, it may reattempt automatically.
- If a payment is returned due to insufficient funds, a $30.00 FACTS returned payment fee will be assessed. An additional $15.00 Late Fee will be assessed after two failed charge attempts.
- You can go online to change the financial account you are using for payments. Changes must be made at least two (2) business days before the payment date.
- Separate invoices may be sent for incidental expenses not included in this balance. These fees will automatically be processed on the due date from your credit card account.
For Star Homeschool Academy courses and Private School Satellite Program: A full refund of semester tuition will be issued if a student is not admitted to a class due to space limitations or if the class is canceled due to low enrollment.
Otherwise, refunds will be processed within the following guidelines: A full refund of Star Homeschool Academy semester tuition (minus any drop fees) will be given if a student withdraws by the end of the first week of classes and a partial refund of Star Homeschool Academy semester tuition (minus any drop fees) will be given if a student withdraws by the end of the third week of classes. Please visit the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
Refund Terms: No refunds will be given in the event of student and/or family dismissal. When requesting a refund, there will be a processing time of 2-3 weeks from the date of request until the check is delivered.