Important Details for the Day
Please note that both parents and students are required to attend Opening Day. Please do not send your student without a parent or responsible adult.
On Opening Day, we will have you meet each of your teachers by following the campus
schedule, but only meeting for 20 minutes in each class. Therefore, the day will end
around 11:00 am. However, once you have completed your scheduled class visitations,
you are free to leave.
If you have decided to enroll in remote classes, please email Star Homeschool Academy
directly with your student’s name and courses in which you have enrolled.
- Date: Monday, August 17, 2020
- Location: Calvary Community Church, 603 Valencia Ave, Brea CA 92823
- Time: 8:30 – 11:00
- We will be asking everyone to sign a waiver and to allow us to take
temperatures before entering the building
- The general meeting will start promptly at 8:30 and will be held outdoors
(please bring your own chair or be prepared to stand). There will be
- Once we begin the schedule to visit classes, families must wait outdoors
until their period begins, and must leave the building as soon as they
have an open period. We will not be able to wait indoors for your class to
- One container per family of disinfectant wipes to donate to the
- Chairs to sit in while waiting for your class (or you may wait in your car).
Parking: Please look for the blue and white balloons to enter the parking lot and
find the parking areas.
Dress Code: Please review the Student Code of Conduct form found on the
website. Dress code will be in place starting on Opening Day. This applies to
both students, siblings and parents.
CURRICULUM: Be sure you order your curriculum soon. It takes time for the
order to arrive and your student will have homework due when they come to
class on the 25th.
Teacher Aides: If your student has an open period and would like to be
considered for a permanent teacher’s aid, please obtain an application from a
teacher, then complete and submit it before leaving on Opening Day.
We are looking forward to seeing you all and starting the new academic year!