In keeping with Star Homeschool Academy’s mission to serve and support the homeschool community, we consider the health and welfare of our students and staff a priority. We will continue to stay informed as state and federal orders are issued, and we will conform to required policies. As more information becomes available, policies tend to change accordingly, and Star Homeschool Academy will align with both state and federal policy expectations.
Unless policies prohibit or require more, when classes commence in fall 2020, the following guidelines will be in place.
What we will do:
- Each teacher will have hand sanitizer in the classroom. As students enter the classroom, they will be required to sanitize their hands.
- At the end of each class, tables and chairs will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
- Social distancing during class will be observed. Students will leave the equivalent of one chair between themselves and others.
- We will ask parents to keep students at home if there is any suspicion of an illness. Homework can be turned in via Canvas from home.
What we won’t do:
- There will not be mandatory temperature checks for students or teachers, but each teacher will have a thermometer for use as needed.
- Masks and gloves will not be required unless a state or federal mandate is issued. Parents may opt to have their students wear a mask.
- Teachers will not be wearing masks so that students can clearly understand directions given in class.
- Lunch will be outdoors. Students should be outside in the sun.
- All outdoor equipment will be disinfected at the end of each day (balls, hula-hoops, etc.).